Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Perfect, Sure, Right, Pure, Clean, True and Righteous - What is?

God's Word.

If you are one to follow my blog with any regularity you will quickly learn that scripture memorization and meditation is extremely important to me and my healthiness as a follower of Christ. Therefore, I want others to make scripture memorization a high priority in their walk with Christ.

This morning I read Psalm 19. I am going to focus on verses 7-9.


The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandments of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

These verses not only uses words to describe the word of God but what it does - converting the soul, making wise the simple, rejoicing the heart, enlightening the eyes, and enduring forever.

Scripture memorization has often times been my lifeline to "hanging in there" when I felt like giving in to discouragement as well as shown me how to pray and praise the Lord at any time using His words. Often times I may not take the time to memorize a passage but I will memorize key phrases or words after reading and meditating on the passage. Then as I go through my day I am able to think on those things. "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things." Phil.4:8.

Read those verses a couple times meditating on them. You may not want to take the time to memorize them but memorize those key words: perfect, sure, right, pure, clean, true and righteous. Then when you do think of those words you will be able to connect them to those things these verses do for us -God's word is right, rejoicing the heart.


No comments: