Monday, March 22, 2010

"Just tell them"

"Go home to your friends and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you and how He has had compassion on you." These are Jesus' own words in Mark 5: 19 after He heals the Gadarenes demon-possessed man.

When the Lord brought saving faith to my husband and me we were living in Hawaii. We had not seen our parents and friends for almost two years. When we returned we were very different. While we were waiting for our things to return from Hawaii we stayed between his parents and mine. We were so excited about the great change in our lives and all the wonderful things the Lord had done for us. We took every opportunity to tell others. My parents definitely didn't understand it but yet couldn't deny that I was different than I was when I left. I kept trying to tell them that difference was Christ's work of salvation and sanctification in my life.

We struggle at times with telling others about salvation and forgiveness in Christ. Either we think we are not eloquent in our speech or we think we need to know a lot more than we do.
We should study the bible and look for ways to help people understand the scriptures, but being able to share the Lord's goodness and mercy with others should be in our every day experience. His active work of salvation and forgiveness is in our lives every day. Take notice and then tell others the great things He has done and is doing for you.

No comments: