Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh No, I'm Lost

A couple of years ago I dropped my husband off at the airport, got on the main road, drove for a few miles, and realized it was not the direction I needed to go. I was lost. I drove around for a short time and then decided I wasn't going to be like some people who never ask for directions. I was on a toll road and as I came to the ticket booth I asked the woman directions for the turnpike heading south. It wasn't long before I was in familiar territory.

I started thinking about many people going through life looking for the right direction. They are looking for meaning to life in various religions, philosophies and relationships. Many seek and search to find the right way and find themselves more lost and confused.

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) Jesus gives directions that will keep us from losing our way. It is through Him. There is no other way we can come to the Heavenly Father, find true meaning in life, forgiveness of sin and eternal life except through Jesus Christ.

This past Friday I wrote a post about our responsibility to share the gospel with the lost using I Thessalonians 5. This past weekend our church had their annual mission's conference. The speakers not only talked of our responsibility to spread the gospel abroad but also right here in our own neighborhoods. One speaker said she didn't know any non-Christians and decided to join a garden club to be a witness to those who are lost. I was convicted. I have forgotten those who are lost. Sometimes it is easier to support foreign missions than to be a missionary in our own neighborhood.

If you share my struggle, we can pray together that the Lord will indeed open our eyes to those who are lost and give them directions for finding true meaning in life.

No comments: